ULTRASONIC TESTING SYSTEM STANDARDIZATION REQUIREMENTS
This document describes a sequence of tests for evaluating the initial performance capabilities of the combined ultrasonic system. The system consists of the electronic instrument, search unit, interconnecting cable and test material. The intended use of the ultrasonic testing system is for the examination of pressure vessel welds by the pulse echo technique. The ability to obtain consistent and repeatable results from ultrasonic examinations of pressure vessel materials and welds during fabrication, pre-service and inservice conditions is essential. Results obtained from these tests must be evaluated on an equal basis to determine whether changes have occcurred. The document outlines minimum system performance requirements and recommends procedures to measure the range of these parameters.
- A task group within the PVRC Materials Division Subcommittee on NDE was established for the purpose of preparing Ultrasonic System Standards.
Welding Research Council345 East 47th Street
New York, NY USA 10017
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 10-16
- TRT Terms: Electronic equipment; Equipment tests; Evaluation; Inspection; Ultrasonic tests; Weld tests
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00172848
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Welding Research Council Bulletin
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bulletin No. 235
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM