TESTS OF LUMBER LOADED ON FLAT CARS WITH AND WITHOUT CUSHION UNDERFRAME
Two flat cars, one with and one without cushion underframe, were loaded with lumber identically and coupled back to back. These test cars were run in a train for two trips between Everett and St. Paul. The conditions of the loads were noted at the end of each trip, and the superiority of the cushion underframe car is plainly evident from the test results.
Weyerhaeuser Company1021 A Street
Tacoma, WA USA 98401
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Cushioning materials; Flat cars; Freight cars; Freight transportation; Railroad cars; Technology; Vehicle dynamics
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cushioning
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039545
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM