RESULTS OF IMPACT TESTS OF FLAT CARS LOADED WITH LUMBER
The following data are results of impact tests of flat cars loaded with lumber in accordance with Figure 6-A of Section 5 of the AAR loading rules. For speed of impact at 4, 6, 8, and 10 mph, the corresponding lumber movement was 2.5 to 5, 8 to 12, 18 to 36, and 33 to 46 inches, respectively.
Weyerhaeuser Company1021 A Street
Tacoma, WA United States 98401
- Publication Date: 1968
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Crashes; Field tests; Flat cars; Freight cars; Freight transportation; Impact loads; Railroad cars; Regulations; Technology; Velocity
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Car impact; Impact loading
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039542
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1973 12:00AM