CONCLUSIONS AND ACTIONS OF WEYERHAEUSER COMPANY REGARDING SHIPPING OF LUMBER RESULTING FROM VARIOUS TESTS
From the various tests made and also in progress, the following conclusions and actions have been determined and reduction of possible fire hazard; and at their a compression machine to compress bundles of lumber; they are using high tensile steel bands for package ties; they are experimenting with a spray material for weather-proofing and reduction of possible fire hazards; and at their suggestion, the AAR has just approved a test of nylon adjustable strapping versus steel.
Weyerhaeuser Company1021 A Street
Tacoma, WA USA 98401
- Publication Date: 1968
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Freight transportation; Safety; Stresses; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00039541
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1973 12:00AM