BN'S NEW AUTOMATED WHEEL SHOP
A computer inventory control system, extensive materials handling equipment and various high-production machines have been incorporated in the Burlington Northern's wheel shop at Havelock, Neb., which can turn out 96,000 wheelsets annually. The road's complete wheel needs are now met from this single facility.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Machine tools; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Planning; Railroad cars; Wheel shops (Railroads); Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Identifier Terms: BNSF Railway
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel shops
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00172634
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM