CHLORIDE CORROSION OF STEEL IN CONCRETE
The 14 papers selected for inclusion in this symposium are representative of the state of the art with respect to both research and field practice in controlling corrosion of steel in concrete. As presented here, both the researcher and the engineer will have a convenient compilation of the experience and recommendations of those who have already worked to solve the problem in various ways. Some methods are better for new construction, others for rehabilitation of existing structures. Some are uniquely suited to bridge decks; others may be applied to a wider range of structural designs.
- Presented at the Chloride Corrosion of Steel in Concrete Symposium, 79th ASTM Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, June 27-July 2, 1976.
American Society for Testing and Materials100 Barr Harbor Drive, P.O. Box C700
West Conshohocken, PA United States 19428-2957
- Tonini, D E
- Dean, S W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 185 p.
- ASTM Special Technical Publications
- Issue Number: 629
- Publisher: American Society for Testing and Materials
- TRT Terms: Chlorides; Concrete; Concrete bridges; Concrete construction; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Filters; Highway bridges; Maintenance practices; Paper; Plastics; Reinforced concrete; Reinforcement (Engineering); Reinforcing steel; Steel; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Decks; Filter paper; Plastics application
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00172502
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM