COMPUTER-AIDED MANUFACTURER OF MARINE PROPELLERS
A unique computer-based method is presented for producing marine propellers of moderate size. The surfaces of the propeller are calculated from a table of offsets as an array of rectangular coordinate points and displayed on a graphics terminal where they can be examined and, if required, interactively modified. Ultimately a propeller, requiring only a minimum of hand finishing, is obtained using a numerically controlled milling operation.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00104485
- Also available from Engineering Societies Library.
IPC Science and Technology Press LimitedIPC House, 32 High Street
Guildford, Surrey England
- Vickers, G W
- Publication Date: 1977-10-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Computer Aided Design
- Publisher: Butterworth Scientific Limited
- ISSN: 0010-4485
- TRT Terms: Computer graphics; Computer programs; Manufactures; Propellers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Propellers); Propeller design; Propeller manufacture
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170913
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM