GENERATORS IN SHIPS' AUXILIARY POWER INSTALLATIONS
This paper places generators in three main groups according to their specific power outputs, and states that the middle grouping with specific output of 0.3--2.5 kW per rpm is predominant among ships over 2,000 dwt. The Author looks at the various demands made on synchronous generators in a ship's electrical supply network. In the exciter system three alternatives of feeder circuits are discussed, with illustrations. Problems associated with the design of generators are described with particular reference to bearings and insulation materials for higher operating temperatures. The Author also discusses the likelihood of damage from short-circuit currents and overload, and the interaction of generator and driving motor. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,532.
Selvigs Forlag A/SRadhusgaten 8, Postbox 162
Oslo 1, Norway
- Gott, E
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Volume: 8
- Publisher: Selvigs Forlag A/S
- TRT Terms: Electrical systems; Generators
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170891
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Skipsteknikk
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM