INLAND FREIGHT TONNAGE BY DIRECTION OF MOVEMENT ON THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER AND SELECTED TRIBUTARIES, AND THE GULF INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY, CALENDAR YEAR (DATE)
This chart indicates waterway traffic tonnage density by direction between key geographical locations including ports, locks, and termini of improved waterways under U.S. Army Corps of Engineers administration. The major data content is waterway segment, direction of movement, major port and location, and intra-and intersegmental movement presented on a schematic map indicating millions of short tons of inland and Gulf Intracoastal Waterway traffic. It is published annually in conjunction with the Corps' "Waterborne Commerce Statistics".
- Requests must be accompanied by check or money order payable to the U.S. Army Engineer District, Vicksburg, Mississippi. Vicksburg, Mississippi.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Freight traffic; Inland waterways traffic; Rivers; Water traffic
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; River traffic
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00179294
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Waterways Operators, Incorporated
- Report/Paper Numbers: Chart
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM