ACTION PLAN FOR SOCIAL ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS
This Action Plan describes the organization and procedures to be utilized by the Louisiana Department of Highways in planning and developing highways to ensure that: Adequate consideration is given to possible social, economic and environmental effects of highways; these considerations enter into the decision-making process early in the planning process so that special studies, if needed, can be made in time to be used realistically to consider a wide range of alternative solutions to transportation problems; and, the final decision is each system or project is made in the best overall public interest. A "process approach" is described without detailing specific work activities or methodologies which are subject to change with the state of the art. The Action Plan explains how the Department of Highways intends to address itself to the problem of resolving potential conflicts between specific social, economic and environmental concerns and the need for effective highway transportation services.
Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development1201 Capitol Access Road, P.O. Box 94245
Baton Rouge, LA United States 70804-9245
- Publication Date: 1976-11-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Environmental impacts; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00179177
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM