LORAN-C: YESTERDAY, TODAY & TOMORROW
The Loran-A system is to be replaced by the Loran-C system in the Coastal Confluence Zone of the United States as the radionavigation system. A brief historical review of the Loran-C system is presented which includes fundamental system concepts and characteristics. Current developments are examined, followed in turn by those which are expected or desired in the future. Time proven, the system is shown to be capable of serving not only the traditional marine navigator, but a host of other applications as well, both inland on the ground and in the air, in many areas of the world.
- Oceans '77 Conference Record, Third Annual Combined Conference, Los Angeles, California, October 17-19, 1977.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY USA 10016-5997
Marine Technology Society5565 Sterrett Place, Suite 108
Columbia, MD USA 21044
- Potts, C E
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Loran C; Navigation systems; Radio navigation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00178989
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77 CH1272-4 OEC
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM