PROBABLE ORIGIN OR MEASURED SUPERTANKER RADIATED NOISE SPECTRA
This paper deals with initial measurements of the acoustic pressure levels radiated by the modern and largest merchant ships -- the supertankers, greater than 100 thousand DWT, in the frequency band 2 to 80 Hz. Those shaft and blade rate lines detected are converted to source pressure levels (SPL) in dB// mu Pa at 1m. For some selected lines a typical radiation pattern is constructed. A comparison is made of the measured and calculated blade rate tonals and a discussion is presented on several mechanisms for the enhancement of their harmonics.
- Oceans '77 Conference Record Third Annual Combined Conference, Los Angeles, California, October 17-19, 1977.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
Marine Technology Society5565 Sterrett Place, Suite 108
Columbia, MD United States 21044
- Cybulski, J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic radiation; Measurement; Noise; Sound transmission; Spectrum analysis; Supertankers; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Sound radiation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178985
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77CH1272-4 OEC
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM