OCEANS '77 CONFERENCE RECORD, VOLUMES 1 AND 2, 1977
This conference contains a total of 137 papers which are subdivided into the following groups: technical papers (120). post session papers (14); and post-conference papers (3). The major subjects include: buoy systems; microprocessors for ocean related matters; the Pacific Basin community; environmental awareness; undersea vehicles; floating industrial complexes; satellite imagery data acquisition, processing, and availability; applications of underwater acoustics; continuing education in oceanography; port operations; diving technology; underwater optics; education and manpower; zones of natural jurisdiction; university programs in marine studies; environmental effects on the marine biota; cables and connectors; automated measurement techniques; status of deep ocean mining programs; tanker operations; instrumentation reliability; distributed signal processing; marine water quality; navigation and control systems; environmental aspects of offshore petroleum development; ocean thermal energy conversion; safety aspects of ship operations; and international decades of oceanographic exploration. Selected papers are indexed separately.
- Oceans '77 Conference Record, 3rd, Los Angeles, California, October 17-19, 1977. Available from IEEE and Marine Technology Society.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
Marine Technology Society5565 Sterrett Place, Suite 108
Columbia, MD United States 21044
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Artificial satellites; Buoys; Energy conversion; Imagery; Marine engineering; Microprocessors; Ocean engineering; Oceanography; Oceans; Offshore platforms; Port operations; Ports; Ship operations; Submarines; Submersibles; Tankers; Thermal power generation; Underwater vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Satellite imagery
- Old TRIS Terms: Floating platforms; Marine platforms; Microprocessor applications; Oceanographic data; Tanker operations
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178968
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77CH1272-4 OEC
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM