The purpose of this text is to provide a survey of the air transportation industry. The chapters are divided into three distinct parts. Part one, the History of Air Transportation, discusses the development of the airplane, the beginning of commercial air transportation, and the airline industry and federal legislation. Part Two, Regulation of Air Transportation, discusses the Federal Aviation Act of 1958, the Federal Aviation Administration, safety in air transportation, the Civil Aeronautics Board, air carriers and economic regulations. Part three, Administration of Air Transportation, discusses air carrier management and organization economics of air carrier routes, air carrier accounting and financial analysis, and legal aspects of air transportation. A reproduction of the Federal Aviation Act of 1958 is included in the appendix. Also, a glossary of air transport terms are provided. The definitions given in the glossary have no legal or official status and are meant instead to be brief and helpful, rather than technically precise and exhaustive.
Kendal/Hunt Publishing Company4050 Westmark Drive
Dubuque, IA United States 52002
- KANE, R M
- VOSE, A D
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airlines; Aviation safety; Civil aviation; Economics; Legislation; Management; Regulations
- Identifier Terms: Federal Aviation Act of 1958; U.S. Civil aeronautics Board; U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Economics; Law;
- Accession Number: 00177386
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 6th Ed.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM