GUIDE TO CONTAINER HANDLING
The work deals very simply with the basic techniques employed in handling containers on shore and on board ship. The sections are as follows: One--The Container. This section describes both standard and specialised containers, container labelling, security, the system used in numbering containers, and includes a very useful table of container working rates. Two--Lifting Equipment. Chiefly composed of good quality illustrations, this section deals with the many different types of equipment that are used in the industry. Three--Container Ships. Simply and clearly, this section describes under-deck and deck stowage, the lashing equipment necessary to hold a deck cargo in place, and goes on to show the specialised type of ship used in the carriage of containers, including ro/ro ships. Four--Container terminals. This section outlines the basic requirements of a modern terminal, and shows several different terminals in operation, and the systems they use. Five--Documentation. This is quite a short section which describes in simple terms the paperwork involved in the carriage of goods by container, for both exports and imports. Six--Container Ports. The last section in the book is an alphabetical list of the world's container ports, showing in tabular form who operates the port, the number of container berths in use, the number of gantry cranes employed and any future developments that are planned.
- Price is $11.00, there is a reduced scale of charges for orders in excess of ten copies.
Shipping Guides (Services) LimitedShipping Guides House, 75 Bell Street
Reigate, Surrey RH2 7AN, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Container terminals; Containers; Design; Freight documents; Gantry cranes; Lashing; Lifting equipment; Marking materials; Roll on roll off ships; Securing and joining equipment; Stowage
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo stowage; Container design; Container lashing; Container marking; Container securing systems; Container stowage
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00176890
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Wilkinson Brothers, Limited
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM