LABORATORY STUDY OF THE PERFORMANCE OF STABILIZED JOURNAL BEARINGS WITH INCREASED COLLAR THICKNESS
A laboratory program was set up to study the performance of Hi-Hat and flat back bearings with increased collar dimensions when assembled with wedges of the present standard dimensions. Each bearing-wedge combination was run four days using a procedure developed for and normally used to study bearing performance. Operating a Hi-Hat or flat back bearing with the collar dimension increased by 1/8 in. in combination with the respective present standard wedge did not affect the performance on the AAR's full-scale machine.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1968
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Cracking; Equipment tests; Size; Specifications; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039433
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MR-449 Tech Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1973 12:00AM