COMMUTER AIR CARRIER STATISTICS FOR YEAR 1977
Commuter air carriers performed 1,685,367 departures in scheduled passenger and cargo service during 1977 according to a Civil Aeronautics Board report. Revenue passenger-miles increased 16.1 percent and revenue ton-miles increased 20.7 percent in calendar year 1977 over the previous year. The greater increase in revenue ton-miles compared with revenue passenger-miles is attributed to a 26 percent growth in cargo revenue to miles for 1977. Of 1,515,571 departures scheduled to be flown in passenger service in 1977, 1,343,763 or 88.7 percent, were completed. Although the commuter carriers performed 18 percent more scheduled departures than did the local service carriers during the year, the commuter carriers performed only one-eighth of the total of revenue ton-miles that the local service carriers performed.
Civil Aeronautics Board1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20428
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Commuter airlines; Local service airlines; Passengers; Revenues; Tonnage
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00176727
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Civil Aeronautics Board
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM