CAR HIRE ALLOCATION
A computer system is allocating ICG Car Hire Expenses to responsibility centers. These responsibility centers consist of specific terminals, trainmaster territories and repair facilities, as well as general categories of Car Distribution and Marketing. The system collects reports of operational events, creates pairs (e.g., Arrival-Departure), assigns responsibility to each pair and calculates the associated Car Hire Expense.
- Direct requests to Manager, Terminal Standards, Illinois Central Gulf Railroad.
Illinois Central Gulf Railroad233 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL USA 60601
- Publication Date: 1978-3-27
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Car distribution (Railroads); Car operations (Railroads); Car rentals (Railroads); Computer programs; Contract rates; Cost accounting; Freight cars; Freight terminals; Intermodal terminals; Management information systems; Operating costs; Railroad cars; Repairing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Per diem
- Old TRIS Terms: Car cycles; Car repair; Cost centers; Freight car rentals
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00174219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Illinois Central Gulf Railroad
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM