CONSOLIDATED ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
A combined batch and online computer system was developed to consolidate three railroads' accounts into one system. The batch system accomplishes mechanical generation of billing statements, tracer letters and discrepancy notices, and automatic application of cash. In addition, control work and management reports are produced. This online system allows general inquiry into the status of Customer Accounts, Cash Application, Bill Account Transfers, and Bill Corrections and Adjustments.
- Direct requests to Special Projects Manager, Revenue Accounting, Illinois Central Gulf Railroad.
Illinois Central Gulf Railroad233 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60601
- Publication Date: 1978-3-27
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Computer programs; Information storage and retrieval systems; Management information systems; Revenues
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174218
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Illinois Central Gulf Railroad
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM