CN WAREHOUSE STORAGE DESIGN MODELS
A set of computer programs provides the warehouse designer with information necessary for optimization of material storage and retrieval in proposed warehouse layouts. The programs use input from existing stock item files and the designer's storage specifications to calculate the quantity required of each storage mode and size. Given further data from the designer on the proposed warehouse layout, the programs produce specific item location addresses according to each item's volume and frequency of demand.
- Direct requests to Manager, Operational Research, Canadian National Railways.
Canadian National Railways935 la Gauchetiere Street, West
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3N4, Canada
- Publication Date: 1978-3-17
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Economic development; Physical distribution; Purchasing; Traffic managers; Warehouses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial development; Shippers
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174215
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian National Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM