CREW ASSIGNMENT MODEL
This model simulates crew assignment policies between 2 terminals. It measures the cost effectiveness of different assignment policies by costing lost trips, deadheads and detentions. The user premises crew starting times, crew set sizes, assignment periods, length of rest periods and other aspects of assignment policies. Train origination and runtimes are determined by Monte Carlo sampling. This model has been used in an interseniority district where number of miles is allocated disportionately between two local union groups.
- Direct requests to Direct, Operations Research, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System125 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA United States 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Cost estimating; Estimates; Labor agreements; Locomotive engineers; Minicomputers; Monte Carlo method; Scheduling; Train crews; Trainmen; Work rules
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Train crew requirements
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174212
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM