This computer program is an interactive simulation of a CTC system. It consists of an events simulation module and a CTC management module. The events simulation drives such events as train movements, switch and signal responses, and maintenance crew activities. Voice communications are simulated on a CRT with printed messages and message masks for dispatcher responses. The management subsystem provides track displays, train presence indications, switch and signal settings on 2 color CRTs. Another color CRT is used for CTC control board interaction. The system is designed to replicate actual CTC installations. This system is the first phase of a project to develop computer assisted dispatch aids. Later phases of the project include modeling train meets and passes to develop optimal dispatching.
- Direct requests to Director, Operations Research, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System125 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA United States 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Centralized traffic control; Computer programs; Dispatching; Information processing; Minicomputers; Operations; Planning; Training devices
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00174211
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM