CARS/YARDS SIMULATION MODEL
The purpose of the computer program is to support Operating and Traffic personnel in developing and analyzing Operating Plans and analyzing the effects of different traffic demands on operations and service. It is a car-scheduling-oriented model that simulates the scheduling and movement of historical traffic through a user-specified network. Both the operating plan and historical traffic can easily be modified by the user. The model generates a broad range of system/service performance measures. The model is a large-scale Monte Carlo simulation model and uses a regression analysis routine to simulate cars making and missing scheduled moves.
- Direct requests to Assistant Director, Information and Control Systems, Missouri Pacific Railroad Company.
Missouri Pacific Railroad CompanyMissouri Pacific Building, 210 North 13th Street
St Louis, MO United States 63103
- Publication Date: 1978-3-22
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Monte Carlo method; Network analysis (Planning); Operations; Planning; Scheduling; Simulation; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Ibm 370; Operations planning; Pl/i; Yard simulation models; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174209
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Missouri Pacific Railroad Company
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM