HUMP YARD MODEL
This computer program determines facilities and resources necessary to operate a hump yard based on inputted traffic and schedules. It also determines the impact on yard operations of the Network Analysis Program scenarios. The original program as developed by USRA has been expanded to account for interference at pull-out end of yard. Hump yard traffic can be inputted via direct computer interface with Network Analysis Program.
- Direct requests to Director, Planning Support Group, Consolidated Rail Corporation.
Consolidated Rail Corporation1434 Six Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA USA 19104
- Publication Date: 1978-4-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Classification yards; Computer programs; Hump yards; Network analysis (Planning); Operations; Planning; Scheduling; Simulation; Yard operations
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning; Yard simulation models; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00174208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Consolidated Rail Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM