NETWORK ANALYSIS PROGRAM
This computer program determines operating impacts of alternative blocking and scheduling policies and of various train lengths. It will also permit development of transportation contingency plans and evaluate network effects of proposed additions and improvements. The program requires the user to develop a blocking and scheduling strategy as input. Traffic is developed using the design day concept. The program moves traffic according to strategy and tabulates the result. This program was developed by SRI and is written in CDC Fortran. Conrail's version is a source code conversion to IBM Fortran. Selected user enhancements have been added.
- Direct requests to Director, Planning Support Group, Consolidated Rail Corporation.
Consolidated Rail Corporation1434 Six Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA United States 19104
- Publication Date: 1978-4-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Network analysis (Planning); Operations; Planning; Routing; Scheduling; Train makeup; Train operations; Yard operations
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Operations planning; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174207
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Consolidated Rail Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM