ECONOMIC LIMIT OF REPAIR PROGRAM
This computer program determines the economic limit of repair of system cars beyond which replacement is preferable. The program uses standard economic principles utilized elsewhere to determine freight car life. The program makes calculations for the entire car fleet and includes lease encumbrances.
- Direct requests to Director, Planning Support Group, Consolidated Rail Corporation.
Consolidated Rail Corporation1434 Six Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA United States 19104
- Publication Date: 1978-4-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Car ownership (Railroads); Computer programs; Economic analysis; Fleet management; Freight cars; Leasing; Life cycle costing; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Planning; Railroad cars; Repairing
- Old TRIS Terms: Car repair; Fleet planning
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174205
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Consolidated Rail Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM