TRAIN CREW CONSIST MODEL
This computer will accommodate the following variables: Given an attrition rate determine the blanking scheduling; given bidding practices and labor availability determine optimum assignments; determine the radio expense for blanked crews; determine trust-fund contribution schedule; determine the economic impact of alternate crew agreement schedules. The approach is a Monte Carlo simulation with a 2-week time interval which corresponds to bi-weekly bidding. Crews work jobs during two weeks with non-retirement attrition and absences determined stochastically and retirement based on date of entering service. Model includes an analysis program to aid in interpreting results.
- Direct requests to Director, Planning Support Group, Consolidated Rail Corporation.
Consolidated Rail Corporation1434 Six Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA USA 19104
- Publication Date: 1978-4-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Labor agreements; Locomotive engineers; Management; Operations; Personnel; Planning; Train crews; Trainmen; Work rules
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductors; Management planning; Operations planning; Personnel practices; Train crew requirements
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00174200
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Consolidated Rail Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM