CAR DAY IMPROVEMENT MODEL
This computer program can analyze nearly all types of car movements: Local, received, forwarded, overhead, empty, loaded, pool and non-pool by car type. It can evaluate the effect of various programs to improve utilization. It can also address variances in mileage and per diem costs as a result of changed cycle times. This program is used to develop inputs for the Freight Car Forecasting Model program. It is written in APL.
- Direct requests to Director, Planning Support Group, Consolidated Rail Corporation.
Consolidated Rail Corporation1434 Six Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA USA 19104
- Publication Date: 1978-4-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Car distribution (Railroads); Car operations (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Carpools; Computer programs; Fleet management; Freight cars; Operations; Planning; Productivity
- Identifier Terms: APL (Programming language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Car cycles; Fleet planning; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174198
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Consolidated Rail Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM