FREIGHT CAR FORECASTING MODEL (FCFM)
This computer program is used for fleet planning. It will handle up to 29 commodities and 39 car types. With a given fleet capacity, it can determine the tons or carloads which can be handled. With a given traffic forecast, it can determine the required car fleet. It can determine sensitivity to a car utilization forecast and to the usage of foreign cars. With given priorities and total capacity, car repair programs can be established. A simple algorithm handles car redistribution when car shortages occur.
- Direct requests to Director, Planning Support Group, Consolidated Rail Corporation.
Consolidated Rail Corporation1434 Six Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA USA 19104
- Publication Date: 1978-4-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Car distribution (Railroads); Car ownership (Railroads); Car shortages (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Computer programs; Fleet management; Forecasting; Freight cars; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Operations; Planning; Productivity; Railroad cars; Repairing
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Car repair; Car shortage; Fleet planning; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174197
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Consolidated Rail Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM