INVESTMENT PLANNING STUDY MODEL (IPS)
This computer program will determine the financial impact for alternative investment and capital improvement programs, for various car utilization assumptions and for other efficiency assumptions. Use of IPS is directly related to development of Conrail's 5-Year Business Plan. In its present form it employs APL*Plus and Quick Plan available from Scientific Time Sharing.
- Direct requests to Director, Planning Support Group, Consolidated Rail Corporation.
Consolidated Rail Corporation1434 Six Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA United States 19104
- Publication Date: 1978-4-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Car utilization (Railroads); Computer programs; Economic analysis; Financial capital; Fleet management; Forecasting; Improvements; Investments; Management; Planning; Productivity; Return on investment
- Identifier Terms: APL (Programming language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capital improvements
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet planning; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174195
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Consolidated Rail Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM