REUSE OF PARTIALLY LIFE-EXPIRED ROLLER BEARINGS
The life expectancy is discussed of freight car roller bearings which have seen extensive service. The meanings of the terms life expectancy and B-10 life as defined by the AAR are given. A typical bearing life expectancy curve is shown. A group of used bearings which are carefully inspected according to manufacturer's recommendtions should perform with reliability very nearly the same as new bearings. For maximum economy, such bearings should be reused based upon normal inspection and maintenance practices.
Timken Roller Bearing Company, Incorporated1835 Deuber Avenue, SW
Canton, OH United States 44706
- Publication Date: 1969-8-26
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Economics; Fatigue (Physiological condition); Freight cars; Railroad cars; Technology; Vehicle maintenance
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Economics; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00039418
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1976 12:00AM