SOUTH CAROLINA STATE AIRPORT SYSTEM PLAN
This plan has been designed to identify those airports related to state goals for aviation, to recommend a program of airport improvements, and to, provide members of the South Carolina legislature and other responsible officials with a method for prudent public investments in the state's system of airport facilities. This report specifies the purpose and role of the public airports in the systems serving South Carolina, forecasts the future activity related to their purpose and role, and evaluates the present system of airport facilities in relation to those needed now and in the future. The approach and methodology of the study is described, and the goals and objectives related to the scheduled air carrier, the business and industrial, primary local service and special local service airport systems are stated. The purpose and definition of the above systems are also given. Major recommendations are made with regard to system airports, alternative funding programs and airport development. Annual operations forecast and recommended facilities improvements are covered. Airspace analysis, recommended legislation, implementation and financial resources are also considered.
- This report was financed in part through a grant from the Federal Aviation Administration, DOT, Planning Project S-35-0045-1.
Talbert, Cox & AssociatesP.O. Box 948
West Columbia, SC United States 29169
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Airlines; Airport planning; Airports; Airspace (Aeronautics); Airspace (Law); Finance; Financing; Forecasting; General aviation; Implementation; Investments; Legislation; Regional planning; States
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Law; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173872
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM