DEVELOPMENT OF THE ECONOMIC IMPACT FORECAST SYSTEM (EIFS)--THE MULTIPLIER ASPECTS
This report presents refinements to the Economic Impact Forecast System's (EIFS) multiplier calculation that will make it more accurate and user-oriented. Two techniques for meeting National Environmental Policy Act requirements were analyzed, and EIFS was modified according to user needs and cost considerations shown by the analysis. For example, the employment multiplier is an adequate substitute for the income multiplier, which is difficult to calculate. The resultant system compares very favorably with alternative, more expensive, techniques and can provide the Department of the Army with an efficient methodology for regional economic impact assessment.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Webster, R D
- Ortiz, L
- Mitchell, R
- Hamilton, W
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Economic impacts; Forecasting; Regional economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00179725
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-N-35 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM