PARA TRANSIT IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD: NEGLECTED OPTIONS FOR MOBILITY AND EMPLOYMENT--VOLUMES 1 AND 2
This report is presented in two volumes. Volume I is intended to provide the reader with a basic understanding of the topic area and to report on the findings and principal recommendations of the assembled group of experts. It is divided into four main parts as follows: The background; para-transit in the developing world; proceedings; and proposed work program and project structure. Volume II brings together fifteen background documents and reports presenting a general statement and overview of the target area. Part I addresses some of the broader issues concerning the role of the automobile and public transport systems in the developing countries, and discusses some specific investigations and points of view concerning individual systems and technologies. Part II includes two papers giving the reader an understanding of some of the leading trends and issues in the OECD countries. It is noted that these countries have in the past been largely responsible for most of the transportation expertise and council that have in turn effected investment and policy decisions in the lesser developed countries (LDC).
- From First International Para Transit Workshop Abbaye de Royaumont, Asnieres-sur-Oise, France, June 30-July 2, 1977.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 311 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Developing countries; Employment; Mobility; Paratransit services; Public transit; Transportation policy; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179717
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1981 12:00AM