MOTORIST RESPONSE TO HIGHWAY GUIDE SIGNING--VOLUME I: FIELD EVALUATION OF MEASURES AND VOLUME II: ANALYSIS PROCEDURE AND OUTPUT
The final report is presented in two volumes. Volume I describes the research problem, study methodology, and findings. Chapters 1-4 describe the research approach, findings, application of findings and conclusions. Appendices include among others, the basis for selection of candidate driver sign response measures; the approved field study and analysis techniques; the results of the field studies used to develop and validate guide sign measures of effectiveness (MOE); experiment to test the sensitivity of various field data collection methods to candidate response measures; the application of acceleration noise as a sign response measure; and, a real-time study of driver sign response using an instrumented vehicle. Volume II contains descriptions of utilized analysis procedures and detailed output of the multiple regression analysis. It is intended to provide an indepth description to both readers unfamiliar with the techniques employed and future researchers attempting to duplicate the experimental design described. Also included are detailed descriptions of variables used in all phases of the project.
- Digital Copy:
- This work was sponsored by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration.
Biotechnology, Incorporated3027 Rosemary Lane
Falls Church, VA United States 22042
- Hanscom, F R
- Berger, W G
- Schmitz, P R
- Publication Date: 1976-1-31
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Behavior; Data collection; Drivers; Field studies; Instrumented vehicles; Measures of effectiveness; Multiple regression analysis; Reaction time; Sound level; Traffic signs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver reaction; Effectiveness
- Old TRIS Terms: Multiple regression
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00179715
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCHRP PROJECT 3-21 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM