STUDY OF ALERTING AND LOCATING TECHNIQUES AND THEIR IMPACT (SALTTI)
This report examines the cost-benefit ratios of electronic alerting and locating configurations considered by the Study of Alerting and Locating Techniques and Their Impact (SALTTI) for the coastal area. These analyses considered approximately 108 candidate systems under voluntary or mandatory carriage, with or without SAR impact, and by year through ten years. The geographical area includes the Great Lakes and coastal area extending 20 miles off shore, and a user population of commercial, fishing, and recreational boats.
Computer Sciences Corporation1616 North Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA United States 22209
- Publication Date: 1975-9-18
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Electronic equipment; Fishing vessels; Life cycle costing; Position fixing; Radio beacons; Safety equipment; Search and rescue operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Position finding
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00179701
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM