IMPLICATIONS OF THE NATIONAL SECURITY COUNCIL STUDY "U.S. MARITIME STRATEGY AND NAVAL FORCE REQUIREMENTS" ON THE FUTURE NAVAL SHIP FORCE
This unclassified version of a classified report discusses the role, missions, and capabilities of the Navy's general-purpose forces; assesses the National Security Council Study and its effect on the fiscal year 1978 shipbuilding program; addresses issues for consideration by those who approve programs for new weapon systems; and identifies those issues critical to the development and programming of the future Navy ship force.
- Record URL:
- This document is a Report to the Congress.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1978-3-7
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Military sealift; Military transportation; Shipbuilding
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179700
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PSAD-78-6A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM