DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF THE 80,500 DWT OBO'S
This paper discusses the 80,500 DWT San Clemente Class OBO ship design. The unusual features peculiar to an OBO are described as well as other inovations incorporated into the design. Brief histories of the decisions leading to this design are given.
- Presented to the San Diego Section of the SNAME, March 21, 1973, San Diego, California.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- EVANS, K
- Rodger, D
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Ore bulk oil carriers; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: General arrangement plans; Obos; Ship descriptions (Obo)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179631
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM