AN APPROACH TO THE SIMULATION OF A SEA-PORT CONTAINER TERMINAL. ESTIMATION OF PERTINENT PARAMETERS
This paper discusses the application of advanced operational research techniques to determine an efficient mathematical model for a container terminal. For this purpose the traffic pattern and a queueing theory method are mentioned. Order from: NSFI as No. 14588.
- Presented at the 25th International Meeting on Transportation and Communications, Genoa, Italy, October, 1977.
Istituto Internazionale delle CommunicazioniVia Pertinace, Villa Piaggio
1-16125 Genoa, Italy
- Tiano, A
- Maltese, G
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Container terminals; Mathematical models; Port operations; Port traffic; Ports; Queuing theory; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Queueing theory
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00179573
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol II
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM