THE EFFECTS OF NEW SYSTEMS AND DEVICES FOR CARGO HANDLING ON THE DESIGN OF PORTS AND OFFSHORE TERMINALS WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO THE EXISTING INLAND TRANSPORT NETWORK
In this paper some aspects regarding design criteria in Italy are highlighted. Furthermore a brief outline is given of some major port facilities implemented in Italy for the sectors of respectively: raw materials, steelmaking industry, oil and containerized commodities. Order from: NSFI as No. 14587.
- Presented at the 24th International Navigation Congress of Leningrad, USSR, September 6-14, 1977.
Permanent International Association of Navigation Congresses155 rue de la Loi
1040 Brussels, Belgium
- Panunzio, V
- Serra, M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Design; Intermodal terminals; Marine terminals; Offshore terminals; Port structures; Ports; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Port design; Terminal design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00179572
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM