STRENGTH OF PROPELLER BLADES--A NUMERICAL APPROACH
The loading is imposed at the nodes of a finite element structural model of the blade made of thick shell curved elements. Such a model may be conveniently generated from only a limited amount of geometrical design data, thus enabling to perform mesh fineness studies.
- Inquiries for obtaining this report can also be made to your National Ship Research Institute.
Institut de Recherches de la Construction Navale47 rue Monceau
75008 Paris, France
- Jourdain, M
- Aucher, M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Blade loading; Finite element method; Mechanical loads; Propeller blades; Propellers; Strength of materials; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller loading; Propeller stresses; Strength analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179553
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM