INVESTIGATIONS INTO THE EFFECT OF MODEL SCALE ON THE PERFORMANCE OF TWO GEOSIM SHIP MODELS. PART I. FLOW BEHAVIOR AND PERFORMANCE IN CALM WATER
The report deals with the results of the tests of 2 Geosim ship models at 1:35 and 1:70 linear scale, conducted in calm water. The results of resistance and overload tests, flow studies, 3-dimensional wake surveys and boundary layer measurements with and without running propeller for both ship models are presented, as well as the results of open water tests at various Reynolds numbers.
- Inquiries for obtaining this report can also be made to your National Ship Research Institute.
Netherlands Maritime InstituteHofplein 19, Postbus 1555
- Jonk, A
- Van de Beek, J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary layer flow; Open water tests; Performance; Resistance tests; Reynolds number; Ship operations; Wakes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Scale effect
- Old TRIS Terms: Geosims; Model testing; Ship performance; Wake surveys
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179551
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. M19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM