THE ROLE OF BRITISH RAIL IN PUBLIC TRANSPORT. THE GOVERNMENT'S RESPONSE TO THE FIRST REPORT FROM THE SELECT COMMITTEE ON NATIONALISED INDUSTRIES: SESSION 1976-77 HC305
This report is the response by the government to the first report from the select committee on nationalised industries (HC305) on the role of British rail in public transport. The first part of the response gives a summary of the government's view of the report as a whole. Part II is a commentary on the various groups of themes and recommendations which emerge from the report and includes comment on the following topics: demand for rail services, Forecasting demand, international comparisons, inter-urban passenger transport, freight and parcels, capital structures, pricing, coordination, manpower and productivity, investment. Part III deals with further recommendations. The British Railways Board's own observations are also included as an annex to the government's response to facilitate discussion of the report.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0101703805
- See also RRIS 25 163875; Bulletin 7801.
Her Majesty's Stationery OfficeAtlantic Ho, Holborn Viaduct
London EC1P 1BN, England
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital; Demand; Economic factors; Economics; Federal government; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Passengers; Policy making; Pricing; Productivity; Profitability; Public transit; Railroads; Traffic forecasting; Transportation; Transportation policy; Travel demand
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: National transportation policies; Railway
- ITRD Terms: 285: Demand (econ); 263: Economics of transport; 183: Government (national); 744: Public transport; 8119: United kingdom
- Subject Areas: Economics; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00179527
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISBN: 0 10 170380 5
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCMND 7038 Paper
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1981 12:00AM