HIGHWAY ADVISORY RADIO IN CONSTRUCTION AREAS
The subjects sat in a driving simulator and watched a motion of a construction work area that was taken through the windshield of an automobile as the subjects "drove." Simulated radio messages were given that described the features of the work area. Subjects had to indicate their preference between a longer detailed message and a shorter general message format. The messages were presented at three different times before the construction area on the film began. A questionnaire was used to elicit the responses from the subjects.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Gatling, F P
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Construction sites; Driver information systems; Drivers; Radio; Road construction; Simulation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00179509
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-77-168 Final Rpt., FCP 22L2-062
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM