DIVERSION AND CORRIDOR CONTROL SYSTEMS IN WESTERN EUROPE
The report describes the Atlantique Corridor System which is a major traffic corridor diversion system in the west to southwest area of France. A high quality traffic diversion system was also reviewed in the Frankfurt-Darmstadt area of West Germany. This system is not as large geographically as the system in France but is more sophisticated in design and operation. Finally, a detailed review of a highway radio information system in West Germany, known as ALI, is also presented. The report includes a number of items on other traffic control systems which were observed during the study.
- This report was sponsored by the International Road Federation and is a preprint of an IRF report to be published.
Washington, DC United States 20590
Tallahassee, FL United States 32301
- Saxton, L
- Schenck, C
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver information systems; Foreign; Traffic control; Traffic diversion; Transmission; Transportation corridors
- Old TRIS Terms: Radio transmission
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00179496
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-77- 69
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM