UPDATE OF TSC HIGHWAY TRAFFIC NOISE PREDICTION CODE (1974)
Modifications to the TSC highway traffic noise prediction code are described that include speed-dependent noise emission levels for all vehicle types considered by the code and the development of a users manual for the prediction code. Comparisons between highway noise predictions using the modified version and previous versions of the prediction code are presnented. The evolution of the TSC highway traffic noise prediction code is described to indicate salient differences between the several versions in existence.
Science Applications, Incorporated1651 Old Meadow Road, Suite 620
McLean, VA United States 22101
- Rudder, F F
- Lam, P
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Highways; Manuals; Motor vehicles; Sound level; Speed; Traffic noise; Traffic speed
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00179488
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-77- 19 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-7-3-0004
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM