ANALYSIS OF WAVE DATA FROM COBB SEAMOUNT (46 DEGREES N, 130 DEGREES W)
Wave data from Cobb Seamount, located in the northeastern part of the Pacific Ocean (46 deg 46 min N, 130 deg 49 min W), is presented in spectral form. A spectral family of the Cobb Seamount Data is shown and compared with similar data previously derived from wave records at Station "Papa" (50 deg N, 145 deg W). A systematic shift toward lower frequency in the Seamount wave spectra is shown, and it is recommended that additional investigation should be extended to account for this shift.
Webb Institute of Naval ArchitectureGlen Cove, NY United States
- Walden, D A
- Hoffman, D
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic spectrum; Ocean waves; Spectrum analysis; Wave measurement
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179457
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-175
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM