THE CONTROL OF PROPULSION POWER ABOARD STEAM SHIPS
This paper describes the current treads in steam ship propulsion automation and control with particular emphasis on a new Propulsion Turbine Throttle Control System. The types of steam propulsion plant controls being applied today will be generally described and the requirements of the ship and steam plant will be related to the control functions.
- Presented at the Los Angeles Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Prohl, M A
- Spears, HCK
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Control; Electric power plants; Steam power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic power plants; Power plant control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039329
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 10 1974 12:00AM