RO-RO SHORE AND SHIP RAMP CHARACTERISTICS-AN ICHCA SURVEY 1978 (ANALYSIS)
The survey tabulates information for 370 roll-on/roll-off shore ramps with support data on maximum vessel size acceptable, berth type, distance from center-line to side, depth of water alongside, tidal information, etc. The survey lists 715 vessels, their dimensions, type, trade route, owner/manager, ramp position, and pivot height. Maximum loading and cargo dimensions are included for ships with low ramps and doors, stern ramps, quarter ramps, and slewing ramps. There are brief sections on American side-loading trailerships, barge RO-ROs, and heavy lift ships. A section on cargo handling equipment includes details on 37 tractor units, 59 roll trailers, and 28 fork lifts used in RO-RO operations.
International Cargo Handling Coordination AssnAbford House, 15 Wilton Road
London SW1V 1LX, England
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 330 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Fork lifts; Heavy lift vessels; Ice navigation; Loading and unloading; Ramps; Roll on roll off shipping; Roll on roll off ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Quarter ramps; Ro/ro trailers; Slewing ramps; Stern ramps; Survey reports; Unloading systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179431
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM