THE UCICH REPORT (THE USE OF COMPUTERS IN INTERNATIONAL CARGO HANDLING)
This study, undertaken by ICHCA Sweden, was to reflect the impact of computers on cargo handling and reports on the results of a completed questionnaire from 277 corporate members, of whom 97 responded positively. The report concludes that at the time of publication EDP methods had made little impact upon cargo handling but that the planning horizon was, in may cases, very short. This publication is priced at 1.25 pounds to members and 1.90 pounds to non-members.
International Cargo Handling Coordination AssnAbford House, 15 Wilton Road
London SW1V 1LX, England
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cargo handling; Containerization; Control systems; Freight transportation; Information processing; International trade; Shipping
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Computerized cargo data
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00179424
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM